Birding tours or field identification courses in the Houston area
For details, contact me at email@example.com.
Shorebird identification - learn the basics of shorebird identification, or if you're trying to get to the level at which you can identify dowitchers or find rarities, this trip is for you. This trip can be done year round although spring, fall and summer are best. Depending on date, this tour will take you along the Upper Texas Coast (Anahuac NWR, Bolivar Flats, Galveston, Brazoria NWR are some of the places we may go)
Shorebird chasing - If you want to do a shorebird big day or just want to spend the day searching for rare shorebirds, I can help.
Gull and tern identification - learn the basics of gull identification or ramp up your skills to become a gull expert. This tour is best to take in the winter, from November through February. We will either focus on local dumpsites or head to the Texas coast.
Sparrow identification - learn the basics of shorebird identification
Spring or fall songbird migration - Hit the migrant hotspots along the Texas coast
General bird identification - Choose the group of birds you are interested in and I will cater a course around that.
General birding in Texas - If you are in need of some special birds, whether that be Texas specialties or county specialties, I can help.
Custom bird tour - I am willing to lead personalized tours further afield, such as in south Texas, west Texas, east Texas, California, Arizona, New Mexico, Florida, New England, as well as various foreign countries). Cost would have to be negotiated.
The art of scientific illustration and field sketching
Cin-Ty Lee's articles on bird identification
16. Lee, C.-T., Wen, Y.-Y., 2009, The natural history of the Galapagos Islands, Natura-Aviflora Press, 156 pages, ISBN-13: 978-0-9842192-0-9.
15. *Lee, C-T A, Birch, A, Hveding, H., 2009, ID av bekkasinsniper – ett steg videre, FeltOrnitologen, in press.
11. *Lee, C-T and Birch, A. 2001, Wing covert pattern as a diagnostic feature in identifying immature and female Bullock’s and Baltimore Orioles: reply to A. Jaramillo, “Wing covert pattern as an aid to identifying female and immature Bullock’s and Baltimore Orioles-Another look”, Birding, 33: 64-68.
8. *Lee, C-T and Birch A, 1998, Answers to the June photo quiz, Birding 30: 296-298.
6. Lee, C-T, 1996, Birding Taiwan: 1996 report. In Foreign Field Note Series, American Birding Association.
5. *Lee, C-T, 1995, "Birdwatching in Riverside, California", San Bernardino County Museum Association, Redlands, volume 42, 218 pp., 117 figures.
1. Lee, C-T, 1994, Birding Taiwan: Trip report from summer 1994. In Foreign Field Note Series, American Birding Association